Amiga 1200 Case Brand New Black
£105.99 Incl. VAT£88.33 Excl. VAT
Amiga 1200 Case Brand New Black from A1200.net
- Top case including enhancements
- Bottom case including enhancements
- Enhanced bottom trapdoor with extra vents.
- Enhanced rear trapdoor + extra plastic holder DVI / VGA shaped hole.
- Rubber feet
- Set of screws
How are these brand new?
In 2016 840 Amiga users made it possible in supporting a Kickstarter to reproduce the Amiga 12000 case lead by Philippe Lang, the new A1200 cases are made using Injection Molding manufacturing technique to produce top and bottom shells as well as trapdoors and parts. The process implies the use of 3 new moulds, the first one is for the top shell, second mould for the bottom shell and last one for trapdoors and parts, all produced using brand new moulds.
The Amiga community has never died and some have produced some great add-ons over the years to make sure the Amiga is still relevant and useful today as it was back in the 80’s/early 90s and these cases take full advantage of that weather that’s simply transferring your existing motherboard from your existing Amiga 1200 or have a luxury of installing a MiST FPGA Board. Below are few more enhancements:
A CF slot can be open up on the side of the A1200 case to allow easy access to what would be the CF card within the A1200 itself.
MiST is a FPGA based modern board that implements classic 16bit computers like the Commodore Amiga, Atari ST and 8bit systems like the Commodore 64, ZX-Spectrum, MSX, Atari XL/VCS, Apple II, Colecovision, Sega Master System, NES, SNES as well as Arcade machines. The primary difference between the MiST is that its NOT emulation.
The new A1200 case has mounts to mount the MiST FPGA within the A1200 case.
Yes you can mount a Raspberry PI 2/3 within the new A1200 case with the use of the mounts already part of the case for a nice clean solution.
Keyrah V2 is an IO adaptor that allows you to use the original keyboards of the Commodore Amiga 600 and 1200, Commodore 64, VIC-20 and C-16 within their respective cases. The purpose of this you can then install a Raspberry PI which uses the original keyboard of that computer and providing 2 x D9 ports. The new Amiga 1200 case has mounts are located at middle top of bottom shell. This location make the keyboard adapter available for Raspberry Pi or MiST board. Original Amiga 1200 keyboard ribbon will fit nicely just at the right place on the keyboard adapter board. I/O connectors are accessible through rear panel I/O slots.
So what are the differences between the original Commodore case and the New A1200 case?
- The plastic is 100% UV proof to avoid case turning yellow over time.
- Screw brass inserts in all 6 new screw towers for smooth operations. No more broken plastic clips!
- Bottom trapdoor offers better cooling with extra vents and 3x rear trapdoors are available: Plain door, VGA hole, DVI hole, perfect for the Re-Amiga
- Supports for: Raspberry Pi©, MiST© FPGA, Keyrah© V2 keyboard adapter, RapidRoad© DoubleUSB and Lotharek© HxC Floppy emulator
OUT OF STOCK
ScanPlus AGA – Amiga 1200 and Amiga 4000D Scandoubler
- ScanPlus AGA (Lisa and Alice PCB's).
- VGA breakout socket.
- White Backplate for VGA socket (please but a note on the order to ask for Black if required instead).
- Ribbon cable to connect to VGA socket.
- Link cable to Alice PCB.
- DPMS screensaver utility included - Download here
- Item is brand new.
- Installation guide is here
- Not retail boxed.
- Requires some knowledge of Amiga hardware when installing, fitting service available if required, ask for details.
Amiga 1200 Gotek Drive, CLEAR/TRANSPARENT Mount, OLED Display and FlashFloppy
What are ADF files?ADF files is the standard Amiga Disk Format for floppy disk images. no different to Sega or Nintendo roms, ADF's are images of Amiga floppy disk games. Not only could you have access to a huge back catalogue of retro Amiga games, but there are still brand new games being released today, for example: Raid over Moscow or Bridge Strike these are all available as ADF files. But you not limited to games or programs, but you have access to tons of Amiga demos (if your into that scene).
What are gotek drives in detail? Read here What is FlashFloppy check out this link Want to know even more about them, checkout retro32.com's review of them here Also checkout one of our favorite youtube streamers TheGebs24 and her views on the Gotek drive!
Amiga A1200 Memory Expansion 11Mb
- 5.5MB will be always available,
- Additional 4MB which can be activated / deactivated via switch or software (Not PCMCIA compatible),
- Additional 1.5MB software activated (Compatible with Amiga OS 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2 but not compatible with Amiga OS 3.1.4 due to a bug)