Amiga 1200 Case Brand New Grey
£159.00 Incl. VAT£132.50 Excl. VAT
New Official Amiga 1200 cases from A1200.net features and enhancements!/
- Top case including enhancements
- Bottom case including enhancements
- Enhanced bottom trapdoor with extra vents.
- Enhanced rear trapdoor + extra plastic holder DVI / VGA shaped hole.
- Rubber feet
- Set of screws
How are these brand new?
In 2016 840 Amiga users made it possible in supporting a Kickstarter to reproduce the Amiga 12000 case lead by Philippe Lang, the new A1200 cases are made using Injection Molding manufacturing technique to produce top and bottom shells as well as trapdoors and parts. The process implies the use of 3 new moulds, the first one is for the top shell, second mould for the bottom shell and last one for trapdoors and parts, all produced using brand new moulds.
The Amiga community has never died and some have produced some great add-ons over the years to make sure the Amiga is still relevant and useful today as it was back in the 80’s/early 90s and these cases take full advantage of that weather that’s simply transferring your existing motherboard from your existing Amiga 1200 or have a luxury of installing a MiST FPGA Board. Below are few more enhancements:
A CF slot can be open up on the side of the A1200 case to allow easy access to what would be the CF card within the A1200 itself.
MiST is a FPGA based modern board that implements classic 16bit computers like the Commodore Amiga, Atari ST and 8bit systems like the Commodore 64, ZX-Spectrum, MSX, Atari XL/VCS, Apple II, Colecovision, Sega Master System, NES, SNES as well as Arcade machines. The primary difference between the MiST is that its NOT emulation.
The new A1200 case has mounts to mount the MiST FPGA within the A1200 case.
Yes you can mount a Raspberry PI 2/3 within the new A1200 case with the use of the mounts already part of the case for a nice clean solution.
Keyrah V2 is an IO adaptor that allows you to use the original keyboards of the Commodore Amiga 600 and 1200, Commodore 64, VIC-20 and C-16 within their respective cases. The purpose of this you can then install a Raspberry PI which uses the original keyboard of that computer and providing 2 x D9 ports. The new Amiga 1200 case has mounts are located at middle top of bottom shell. This location make the keyboard adapter available for Raspberry Pi or MiST board. Original Amiga 1200 keyboard ribbon will fit nicely just at the right place on the keyboard adapter board. I/O connectors are accessible through rear panel I/O slots.
So what are the differences between the original Commodore case and the New A1200 case?
- The plastic is 100% UV proof to avoid case turning yellow over time.
- Screw brass inserts in all 6 new screw towers for smooth operations. No more broken plastic clips!
- Bottom trapdoor offers better cooling with extra vents and 3x rear trapdoors are available: Plain door, VGA hole, DVI hole, perfect for the Re-Amiga
- Supports for: Raspberry Pi©, MiST© FPGA, Keyrah© V2 keyboard adapter, RapidRoad© DoubleUSB and Lotharek© HxC Floppy emulator
Available on backorder
TF1230 A1200 Accelerator – NO CPU
- 128pin PGA socket ready for a genuine 68030 Gold Top CPU - MC68030RC50B (CPU NOT INCLUDED)
- 64MByte of fast-ram.
- IDE Interface - Driver required - ehide.device or purchase our AmigaOS 3.2 Rom with ehide.device built in (uploading of AmigaOS purchase evidence required)
- Fits in your old/new stock A1200 case!!!
- Timing fix is strongly recommended on your A1200 motherboard. We can do this free of charge if you send your board to us (return shipping does need to be covered).
- Kickstart ROM 3.1, 3.1.4, 3.2, 3.x or 3.9 (not compatible with 3.0).
- TF328 - 8Mb Fast Ram board and IDE socket for the Amiga CD32
- TF330 - 68030 Processor, 64Mb Fast Ram and IDE socket for the Amiga CD32
- TF536 - 68030 Processor, 64Mb Ram and IDE interface for the Amiga A500 and A500 Plus
- TF360 - 68060 Processor other specs TBC for the Amiga CD32
- TF1260 - 68060 Processor, 128Mb Ram and IDE Interface for the Amiga 1200
- TF1260 - 68060 Processor, 64Mb Ram and IDE Interface for the Amiga 1200
- TF4060 - 68060 Processor 128Mb Ram for the Amiga 4000
- TF1200 - Buffee Adaptor + 5.5Mb/8Mb (you will need the new Buffee Processor
Amiga 1200 Gotek Drive (Flashfloppy) with Mount, OLED Header
- OpenFlops Gotek Drive
- 3D Printed Amiga 1200 Gotek Mount
- OLED Display with 3D Printed Header
What is OpenFlops Gotek Drive?OpenFlops is an Open Hardware implementation of such an emulator, inspired from the ubiquitous Gotek hardware. It is designed to run the FlashFloppy firmware, which gives it several improvements over the original Gotek:
- Can be installed on many different platforms.
- Directly supports a wide range of image formats.
- Flexible track layout for Raw Sector Images.
- Extremely configurable.
- Supports AutoSwap for games with a large number of disks.
- Easily accessible pin headers for connection of a i2c display (either OLED or LCD), rotary encoder (including power).
- Easily-accessible pin header for an external speaker.
- Connected Motor signal.
- Has additional 3.3V, 5V and GND power pins.
Refurbished Commodore Amiga 1200 Unit
Commodore Amiga 1200 - Professionally refurbishedTechnical Specifications
- Motorola 68020 (14Mhz) CPU
- 2Mb Chip Ram
- 3.0 Kickstart Roms
- 3.5" Floppy Drive
- UK Layout Keyboard
- Professionally refurbished Amiga 1200 Unit (excluding mouse and PSU, these are options that can be added below).
- Images of the Amiga 1200 are for illustrative purposes only, each unit will show signs of age and use. If you want photos of the Amiga 1200 we have please contact us.
- As these are custom built they can take between 21/28 working days depending on what add-ons are added and workload.
- Deposits are not refundable
- No software warranty or support is provided, any software included is sold as seen.
Amiga 1200 Gotek Drive, Printed Mount, OLED Display and FlashFloppy
What are ADF files?ADF files is the standard Amiga Disk Format for floppy disk images. no different to Sega or Nintendo roms, ADF's are images of Amiga floppy disk games. Not only could you have access to a huge back catalogue of retro Amiga games, but there are still brand new games being released today, for example: Raid over Moscow or Bridge Strike these are all available as ADF files. But you not limited to games or programs, but you have access to tons of Amiga demos (if your into that scene).
What are gotek drives in detail? Read here What is FlashFloppy check out this link Want to know even more about them, checkout retro32.com's review of them here Also checkout one of our favorite youtube streamers TheGebs24 and her views on the Gotek drive!