AmigaOS 3.1.4 for Amiga A4000 Official Licenced Bundle
£37.99 Incl. VAT£31.66 Excl. VAT £34.99 Incl. VAT£29.16 Excl. VAT
AmigaOS 3.1.4 for Amiga A4000, this product includes:
- 2 x Physical 3.1.4 Kickstart ROMs (HI & LO) to be installed in your real Amiga.
- Unique AmigaOS 3.1.4 serial number (to enable you to download the official AmigaOS digital files which includes AmigaOS ADF files Workbench, Install, Storage, Fonts, Extras, Locale) and the digital 3.1.4 ROM file from the Hyperion website)
- Official AmigaOS 3.1.4 Disk Labels (6 in total)
We can also offer a preloaded CF Card of your choice with or without CF IDE adaptor/Ribbon as an option below.
No 3.5″ floppy disks?
No problem, getting 6 x 3.5″ floppy disks that work are in short supply, however we can offer a solution, we have a selection of Gotek drives which replaces your internal 3.5″ floppy drive which will enable you to use the AmigaOS ADF files easily just by putting them on a USB stick (available as an option) , Gotek drives are available here
Want to know what a Gotek Drive is? Check out our guide here
What is AmigaOS 3.1.4?
The new, cleaned-up, polished Amiga operating system for your 68K machine fixes all the small annoyances that have piled up over the years. Originally intended as a bug-fix release, it also modernizes many system components previously upgraded in OS 3.9.
- Over 20 Kickstart ROM modules and many more disk-based core OS components were fixed, updated, or added.
- Native support for all Motorola 68000-68060 CPUs, and a more robust Auto-Configuration process.
- Support for large hard disks, including boot, for any OS 2.x/3.x-compliant controller driver supporting HD_SCSI_CMD, TD_64 and/or NSD. Dedicated boot partitions are a thing of the past, even on legacy devices. You can also use variably-sized “super floppies”.
- A modernized Workbench as powerful as the OS 3.9 version, including new or refreshed Preference editors in the legacy OS 3.1-“GadTools” style. Its tools such as DiskCopy and Format fully support large media. Printer, hard disk and many other support tools have been fixed and upgraded.
- Remember “Diskdoctor“? It earned its PhD and is now ready to reliably rescue data from your floppies or hard disks.
- The CLI/Shell and many of its commands have been reworked and modernized, now sporting native support for pipes, softlinks, hardlinks and long filenames. New commands support running Workbench programs from the Shell or upgrading ROM modules.
- CrossDOS and the CD-ROM filesystem are now smarter, faster, and multi-threaded, adding Rockridge and Joliet extensions as well as UDF.
- Fully reworked, modernized and bug-fixed printer drivers include support for PCL and PostScript, along with legacy NEC and Epson printers.
- An optional upgradeable intuition.library provides off-screen dragging of windows for native and P96 RTG screens.
- A colorful, professionally designed icon set is included, along with the traditional four-color icons.
We are proud to be an official Hyperion reseller.
END OF LIFE - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Email me when stock is available
AmigaOS 3.2 CD-ROM Package for ALL Commodore Amigas
- A500 / A500 Plus
- A2000 / A1500
- A3000 / A3000T
- A4000 / A4000T
Some of AmigaOS 3.2 features
- ReAction GUI toolkit integration
- Built-in ADF (Amiga disk file image) management
- Integrated Help subsystem
- Updated Data Type system
- Workbench and other user interface improvements
- Improved Tools, Utilities and System applications
- Enhanced Shell behavior
- New and reworked command set
- Touched up Preferences
- Polished MultiView
- Revamped Commodities
- Expanded BootMenu
- Inclusion and refinement of the AmigaOS 3.1.4 feature set
- Flexible delivery media
- Many more features to be listed
Minimum hardware requirements
- Kickstart ROM 3.2 (recommended), 3.1.4 , or older 3.1
- 2 MB of total memory. Total memory is calculated by adding Chip RAM and Fast RAM. Consider an additional half megabyte if you are not using a physical Kickstart ROM 3.2.
- 10 MB of free hard disk space.
AmigaOS 3.2.1 (Released December 2021)Don't forget to register your copy on the Hyperon Website, once you do you can download the AmigaOS 3.2.1 update free of charge. Below are some of the highlights:
Here are the highlights of the new features and fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.1:
- Fixes to almost every single gadget and image class
- Fix to clipboard.device that since AmigaOS 3.1.4 would not handle clips above 16KB in some cases
- Important fix to locale.library that would convert signed values to unsigned
- New IconEdit with support for colorful icons (like the “GlowIcons”)
- TextEdit has gained an ARexx port per open document
- ShowConfig had its GUI reworked, and can now make reports in AmigaGuide format
- The RAM disk linking feature have been changed a bit so it seems more like AmigaOS 3.1.4 while still being copy on read as in AmigaOS 3.2
- Dropping files on console will now activate the console window
- The screen will no longer remain black if you start up without any attached drive
- Eject menu item in Workbench;
... And much more you will find listed in the release-notes.
AmigaOS 3.2.1 RomsNo new ROM images are provided, you do not need any new ROMS. If you are already using some kind of MapROM solution or would like us to reburn your existing ROMS (free of charge, just postage back) then go ahead. But it is possible that more ROM changes be rolled out in AmigaOS 3.2.2 so for for now use the file-based update instead using the link above.
AmigaOS 3.2.2 (Released March 2023)AmigaOS 3.2.2 is available free of charge from the Hyperon website for those that have registered their copy of AmigaOS 3.2 via the Hyperon website. Here are the highlights of the new features and fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.2:
AmigaOS 3.2.2 Roms3.2.2 is a good step upgrade and it is recommended when you upgrade to 3.2.2 you also upgrade your roms to 3.2.2. NOTE: All roms are now 3.2.2 and if A1200 roms are slected will also have ehide.device We are proud to be an official Hyperion reseller.
Amiga A4000 Capacitor Kit Polymer (Premium)
- Complete set of capacitors for Amiga 4000 mainboard & Daughter board (these are not available in polymer)
- Compatible with both PAL and NTSC models
- Compatible with all motherboard revisions
- Full set of SMD and through hole capacitors.
Amiga A4000 PSU Recapping Service
- Removal of existing capacitors.
- Cleanup and preparation of area.
- Replace using Panasonic/Wurth/KEMET capacitors.
- Test output voltages (not under load)
Amiga A4000D Replica Motherboard FULLY BUILT
- Amiga A4000D Replica PCB in Black.
- 99.9% new* components (DB23 port is a recycled component).
- Includes all custom chips (new old stock).
- Fully tested, just add daughter board, CPU card, fast ram and chip ram.