Amiga A1200 8Mb Fast Ram Trapdoor (PCMCIA friendly) A1208
£ 79.99 Excl. VAT
NEW DESIGN COMING FEB 2021
Amiga 1200 8Mb fast ram card is PCMCIA friendly, the A1208 has both a physical jumper to switch from 8mb to 4Mb but also this can also be achieved by installing the software utility on your HDD to switch between 4Mb and 8mb without using the jumper (reboot required). Software is available here.
Benefits of a PCMCIA friendly card is that you can use the PCMCIA slot of the Amiga 1200 for:
- Transferring files from your PC/MAC using the a PCMCIA CF card adaptor
- Plug in a Ethernet card to transfer files from a PC/MAC via FTP
Amiga 1200 8Mb fast ram cards are brand new and perfect in giving your Amiga 1200 a little boost but also opens the door to running WHDLoad games.
What is WHDLoad?
WHDLoad is a a solution where by the user can install hundreds of Amiga games on to a HDD/CF or SD card even if the game originally did not have the option of installing the game on to the internal HDD/CF/SD card. The vast majority of games have already been converted ready to go or you can create them yourself if you have the original game on a floppy disk/s. Also many great Amiga demos have been converted for WHDLoad hence why the Amiga A1200 8mb Fast Ram card is a great upgrade.
This is not to be mixed up with a Gotek drive, these are floppy drive replacements and more information about them can be found here
1 Year RTB Warranty.
Out of stock
Email me when stock is available
You may also like…
Amiga 1200 Recapping, Modulator, Timing Fix (Standard)
- Check of the board before recapping is begun (any faults found before recapping will be reported back)
- Removal of existing capacitors (both SMD and radial capacitors).
- Cleanup and preparation of area.
- Replace using quality Panasonic/Wurth/KEMET capacitors.
- Retest (Video, Audio, Floppy Boot, CF Card boot)
- FREE return postage of your recapped board.