Back to Amiga A600
Sum A600 USB Keyboard Adaptor
£41.66 Excl. VAT
Sum A600 USB Keyboard adaptor is a USB interface for HID keyboards (ONLY) without the need for installing additional AmigaOS software drivers. Device’s installation procedure consists of simply attaching it the U7 chip located on A600’s motherboard. Additional feature of the adapter is its “Bootloader” function allowing future firmware upgrades.
Sum A600 USB comes with dedicated configuration mode, which becomes available when you by pressing both the Right-Shift + Pause keys together. User preferences are saved to the built-in EEPROM memory.
Key Features of the Sum A600
- Support for both USB HID and USB-PS / 2 keyboards (Not gaming or LED backlit keyboards).
- A600 compatibility (U7 chip-attached).
- Built-in USB stack.
- Configuration mode for PC keyboard (activated by R-Shift + Pause key combination),
- Configuration mode for Mac keyboard (activated by R-Shift + F19 key combination).
- Built-in EEPROM memory enabling user preferences storage.
- “Bootloader” function allowing future firmware upgrades.
- “Status” indicator LED providing information about device’s state.
- built around 16-bit Microchip microcontroller utilizing nanoWatt technology.
- Non-blocking keyboard A600 – You can still use the inbuilt A600 keyboard.
Entering configuration mode (R-Shift + Pause)
- F1 – RESET type – software (A2000, A3000, A4000, CD32, CDTV) or hardware (A600, A1200),
- F2 – mapped Amiga Right to Alt Right,
- F10 – view keycode (on / off),
- F12 – display configuration
|Amiga keys||USB keyboard|
|Amiga reset||CTRL + L-Win + R-Win
CTRL + L-Alt + R-Alt
CTRL + L-Alt + Del
Available on backorder
You may also like…
A630 Accelerator Turbo Card A600
A630 Accelerator Turbo Card for the Amiga 600 is a modern turbo card with the classic 68030 Motorola processor running at 50Mhz. Perfect for that sweet spot in speed and usefulness for Demos, WHDLoad* gaming, internet and so on. This will give any A600 a great speedboost! PRODUCT END OF LIFE: Now superseded by the REV 3 version here Full specs:
- CPU MC68030, clocked on 50MHz.
- 64MB SDRAM Fast Ram.
- Cooling: Passive or Active. No heatsink or fan is included, options are below.
- PCMCIA Friendly.
MMULib's for the A630 AcceleratorThe A630 Accelerator requires the installation of MMULib's and it very important you use the right ones for the kickstart ROM you are using: 3.1 Kickstart: http://main.aminet.net/util/libs/MMULib.lha http://main.aminet.net/util/libs/MMULib.readme 3.2 or 3.2.1 Install the MMULib package that came with the installation CD ONLY and NOT the ones from Aminet.
- Some demos or games may require disable "CPU CACHE" for better compatibility with the MC68000.
- The card is designed to work with 3.1 Roms and above including 3.2 and 3.2.1 of which can be purchased below.